Associate Professor FUJII, Yuka
Summary of Research
- What are the Solar System and our planet Earth in the context of universe? To address this question, we need to study various aspects of discovered exoplanets including the atmospheres, surfaces, and interiors, as in detail as we can. For this purpose, we examine observational strategies and analysis methods using theoretical simulations and develop the planet models to explore the diversity of the expected signals.
Research Achievements or Papers
- Y. Fujii, D. Angerhausen, R. Deitrick, S. Domagal-Goldman, J. L. Grenfell, Y. Hori, S. R. Kane, E. Palle, H. Rauer, N. Siegler, K. Stapelfeldt, K. B. Stevenson. (2018) Astrobiology, 18(6), pp.739-778, DOI:10.1089/ast.2017.1733
"Exoplanet Biosignatures: Observational Prospects"
- Y. Fujii, A. D. Del Genio, D. S. Amundsen. (2017) , ApJ, 848(2), article id. 100, DOI:10.3847/1538-4357/aa8955
"NIR-Driven Moist Upper Atmospheres of Synchronously Rotating Temperate Terrestrial Exoplanets"
- Y. Fujii, J. Lustig-Yaeger, N. B. Cowan. (2017) AJ, 154(5), article id. 189, DOI:10.3847/1538-3881/aa89f1
"Rotational Spectral Unmixing of Exoplanets: Degeneracies between Surface Colors and Geography"
- Y. Fujii, D. S. Spiegel, T. Mroczkowski, J. Nordhaus, N. T. Zimmerman, A. Parsons, M. Mirbabayi, N. Madhusudhan. (2016) ApJ, 820(2), article id. 122, DOI:10.3847/0004-637X/820/2/122
"Radio Emission from Red-Giant Hot Jupiters"
- Y. Fujii, J. Kimura, J. Dohm, M. Ohtake. (2014) Astrobiology, 14, pp. 753-768 DOI: 10.1089/ast.2014.1165
"Geology and Photometric Variation of Solar System Bodies with Minor Atmospheres: Implications for Solid Exoplanets"
- Y. Fujii, E. L. Turner and Y. Suto. (2013) ApJ, 765, article id. 76, DOI:10.1088/0004-637X/765/2/76
"Variability of Water and Oxygen Absorption Bands in the Disk-Integrated Spectra of the Earth"
- Y. Fujii and H. Kawahara. (2012) ApJ, 755(2), article id. 101, DOI:10.1088/0004-637X/755/2/101
"Mapping Earth-analogs from Photometric Variability: Spin-Orbit Tomography for Planets in Inclined Orbits"
- Y. Fujii, H. Kawahara, Y. Suto, S. Fukuda, T. Nakajima, T. A. Livengood, and E. L. Turner. (2011) ApJ, 738(2), article id. 184, DOI:10.1088/0004-637X/738/2/184
"Colors of a Second Earth. II. Effects of Clouds on Photometric Characterization of Earth-like Exoplanets"
- Astronomical Society of Japan, Japanese Society for Planetary Sciences, Japan Geoscience Union
- Inoue Research Award for Young Scientists (2016)
- Part-time lecturer at Kanagawa University
(In the mailing address, replace [at] with @)