Associate Professor Agata, Hidehiko
- Science Education, Science Communication
Brief Introduction of Research
- I study science education, science communication and public relations in Public Relations Center(PRC), NAOJ.
PRC was created in 1998 to share the latest research results of astronomy with the public. We communicate and promote research breakthroughs in a manner that is understandable, relevant, and exciting. For this purpose, we over a range of services and deliver amazing scientific information through a variety of media including the Web and scientific readings. We also have built an effective partnership with dissemination experts working for public observatories, science museums, and planetariums.
Main Research Achievements
- Agata,H.（2006）：Science as a Culture, and an Introduction to new Public Understanding of Research (PUR) Experiments in Japan,PCST-9,TA1-01
- Agata,H.（2005）：The Future of Astronomical Education & Popularization in Japan,Proceedings of The 9th Asian-Pacific Regional IAU Meeting 2005 (APRIM 2005),309-310
- Agata,H. Shinohara,N.,Shimizu,M.,Tsumuraya,F.,Tsubota,T.,Ike,T,.Yanagisawa,K., and Isobe,S. (1990)：“Turbulent Phenomena of Plasma Tail Appearing in the Comet Burorsen-Metcalf and the Comet Okazaki-Levy-Rudenko", Publ.Natl.Astron.Obs.Japan Vol.1,393-406